April 28, 2012
The recent rain has made for perfect racng condtions. See you tomorrow!
We are excited to announce Eastside Cycles will be sponsoring Race #1 of the 2012 VGP race series! The race will take place on Eagle Bike Park’s spectator friendly front side trails. The 3 mile twisting, turning course will be fun for both racers and spectators. Juniors (14 & under), Cat 3s and Cat 2s will start at 10:00 AM. Juniors and Cat 3 racers will complete 2 laps. Cat 2s will complete 4 laps. Cat 1 and Pros will start at 11:30 AM and complete 6 laps. We will post a course map two weeks prior to the race. See you out at the Eagle Bike Park!
Course map for Race 1: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/164818507#.T3z0hFHL05U.email:
Online registration is available by clinking the link above or going to the USA Cycling website. Online registration will close 24 hrs prior to the event. On-site registration is available on race day. Race day registration closes one hour before race start. There is an additional $10.00 charge for race day registration. The distances listed and times expected are approximations and have yet to be determined. Please check back periodically for updates.
- Pro; Male and Female
- Cat 1; Male and Female
- Cat 2; Male and Female
- Cat 3; Male and Female
- Juniors (14 and under); Male and Female
- Single Speeders (11:30 AM)
Promoter may create or delete divisions within a category based on the number of racers.
- Custom Velopark Grand Prix cowbells will be given to the top three participants in each category.
- Series Champions will receive a custom prizes to be awarded following the July 9 series championship.
Velopark Grand Prix Champion
- You must complete at least two of the four VPG races.
- Series points are awarded by order of finish for each VGP event with the winner receiving 30 points, 2nd place 28 points, 3rd place 26 points, 4th place 25 points, 5th place 24 points and so on. The result from the final event will be used to break any ties.
- If a racer upgrades during the season, he or she may transfer 50% of their points up with them.
- If a rider downgrades in category points do not transfer.
- A helmet and properly working bicycle are required. A positive attitude will make your race experience more enjoyable.
- Pros and Cat 1 racers must possess a current annual USA Cycling mountain bike license.
- Cat 2 (sport class) and Cat 3 (beginner) racers must have either an annual license or a one-day license.
- All racers with an annual license must present their current license at registration...no exceptions. Racers can obtain proof of license by logging to the USAcycling.org website and printing the Print Authorization To Ride.