** Race 3 has been postponed with the date to be determined. **
Race 3 will utilize the majority of the Eagle Bike Park’s trails including the popular Junkyard Trail. Race 3 will start a little earlier to avoid the July heat. Juniors, Cat 3, and Cat 2 racers will begin at 9 AM. Cat 1 and Pro racers will begin at 10:30 AM. A series party will begin when the last racer crosses the finish line. See you out at the Eagle Bike Park!
Enter online by following the registration link above or go to USA Cycling's website. Online registration will close 24 hrs prior to the event. On-site registration is available on race day. Race day registration closes one hour before race start. There is an additional $10.00 charge for race day registration. Juniors and Cat 3 racers will complete approximately 7 miles. Cat 2 racers will complete approximately 14 miles. Cat 1 and Pro racers will complete approximately 21 miles. The distances listed and times expected are approximations and have yet to be determined. Check back periodically for updates.
- Pro; Male and Female
- Cat 1; Male and Female
- Cat 2; Male and Female
- Cat 3; Male and Female
- Juniors (14 and under); Male and Female
- Single Speeders (11:30 AM)
Promoter may create or delete divisions within a category based on the number of racers.
- Custom Velopark Grand Prix cowbells will be given to the top three participants in each category.
- Series Champions will receive a custom prizes to be awarded following the July 14 series championship.
Velopark Grand Prix Champion
- You must complete at least two of the three VPG races.
- Series points are awarded by order of finish for each VGP event with the winner receiving 30 points, 2nd place 28 points, 3rd place 26 points, 4th place 25 points, 5th place 24 points and so on. The result from the final event will be used to break any ties.
- If a racer upgrades during the season, he or she may transfer 50% of their points up with them.
- If a rider downgrades in category points do not transfer.
- A helmet and properly working bicycle are required. A positive attitude will make your race experience more enjoyable.
- Pros and Cat 1 racers must possess a current annual USA Cycling mountain bike license.
- Cat 2 (sport class) and Cat 3 (beginner) racers must have a current annual USA Cycling mountain bike license or a one-day license.
- All racers with an annual license must present their current license at registration...no exceptions. Racers can obtain proof of license by logging to the USAcycling.org website and printing the Print Authorization To Ride.